Why I Want to Share The Joy I Found
Family, friends and sometimes just brief acquaintances express interest in my Catholic Faith, and though I am not an expert theologian, I am just someone who has lived in a world without Jesus , and know what life is like without God. I want to bring the Joy I found to others in my little way. My faith as evolved with Mary’s divine intersession. With the month of October being dedicated to Our Lady, I think this is the perfect time to share inspirational prayers , devotions, books and art of Mary the Mother of God. The most important life changing moments for me came with reading the words of Christ in the New Testament, attending Mass and receiving the Eucharist. Also, Bible Study at my parish and listening and viewing EWTN. has also been influential. Growing up without the love of Jesus is like growing up without food, he is nourishment for the spiritual life. I know Mary has played a key role in my awakening, she brought me to her son. There is much to say about Mary it is not possible to assimilate the knowledge, wisdom and virtues and Blessings she brings to us in such little time. I intend to share what has influenced and has been powerful in conversions of souls through the centuries with Mary’s intercession. If you have a devotion or prayer with Our Lady that has been life changing for you, please share with my readers by leaving a comment.
Mary’s role in the Church is inseparable from her union with Christ and flows directly from it. “This union of the mother with the Son in the work of salvation is made manifest from the time of Christ’s virginal conception up to His death”; it is made manifest above all at the hour of His Passion. Catechism pg.273
O, Mary Conceived Without Sin Pray For Us That Have Recourse To Thee
Mary our Mother of God has been instrumental in my conversion, strengthened my Faith and has interceded on many occasions and difficulties in my life. Mary has brought myself and my family to her Son Jesus. I can remember the first time I prayed the rosary twenty-five years ago, I can see clearly the blessings that I have been given. When you choose the Way of Christ do not think, worries and distress will not arise, this is how we become a better person. God uses these situations to shape us as his disciples, this I believe may be when God is calling us. To become more of what God wants us to be through humility or to teach us mercy as he shows us mercy . Mary will make your cross a lighter load so much so you do not feel the weight of your cross. For our times Mary is the answer. If you want peace and true Joy Mary will bring you to God. I remember when I thought happiness was in material wealth and success. Those things in life are temporary and they can disappear from situations out of our control. We can have extreme wealth, lots of nice pretty things, health and even be beautiful but beauty fades and wealth can be lost in a instant.
We can give Mary our life to shape and mold us, to prepare us for our Lord, then we have nothing to fear. Just give her everything and she will guide you in the right direction.
The Rosary is the way to salvation. When reciting the rosary we are meditating on the life of Christ.
a beautiful inspiration written by Carol………………
♥ Another Look at the Wedding of Cana ♥
The Bride and Groom in the story are us. We who have done all that we could. Humanly speaking to ensure our happiness find that our life scripts have been changed by unexplained outside forces.♥
Suddenly chaos erupts and in walks stress, sorrow, anger and frustrations. All of our efforts have come to nothing. We are at the end of ourselves and in that dark moment. Jesus and Mary arrive. Mary conveys our predicament to Jesus. We have no more wine… no more joy in life, no sense of purpose or meaning. Even though Jesus says to Mary “what is that to me and thee?”, “My time has not yet come.” Jesus nevertheless, intervenes. ♥
I see Him in the role of the servant in this story as well. His is the suffering servant, carrying in like the empty clay jars on his back as He carries the cross, He carries our sins, miseries, anxieties, emptiness, vulnerabilities and as He does everything changes. He fills us with the water and wine (our clay hearts) flowing from His side, from His Heart. “O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy on us,” as He pours Himself into us we come to life again we out filled with very life of Jesus and our mourning will turn to Joy and the Wedding Feast of Cana changed everything of the Bride and Groom.♥
The moral of this story ; always invite Jesus and Mary into all your life, especially when things aren’t going as planned. Their presence changes things- if not the circumstances then how we look at out circumstance. Jesus and Mary change us, change our hearts,♥ They change our wants. Their presence makes all the difference!!♥
You may print this for a book mark
The Rosary originated in 1208, Our Lady appeared to Saint Dominic in the chapel of Notre Dame and instructed him on how to recite the Rosary. Saint Dominic was preaching against the Albigensian heresy in southern France without success, until Mary’s intervention. Mary told him to preach it to the world, promising it would convert sinners and obtain graces for the just. With October dedicated to the Holy Rosary. The rosary is a spiritual weapon that the enemy (satan) fears.
Our Lady’s 15 Promises For Praying The Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
- It will cause good works to flourish, it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift the to the desire of Eternal Things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul that recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will chastise him in his justice, he shall not perish by a unprovided death, if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- Those who shall remain faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the Light of God and the plenitude of His Graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the Merits of the Saints in Paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of Glory of Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by recitation of the Rosary.
- All who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my Sons, and Brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a sign of predestination.
These are powerful promises Mary has given us , and just like a mother she has given us inspiration and incentive to have a devotion to the Rosary.
You may print this section click here
Please help check out the free printable pages I have to share on the side menu of this web page
I have suggested these books before however, I want to stress how important they can be in the workings of our salvation